Thursday, February 24, 2022

40 Years a Quilter, Post 8

I left my heart in Hilton Head! That is the name of this quilt! We just went to Hilton Head a few weeks ago, so this quilt has been on my mind. 


This quilt was made for good friends that have a vacation home in Hilton Head. We visit them when the weather is wintery in the Midwest, but more like Spring in Hilton Head! Their home is decorated in these colors and near the beach. It is a lovely place and always a wonderful time hanging out with long time good friends! Here are some more photos: 


(Above) This shows the backing fabric...magnolias! They have some framed needlework of cross-stitched magnolias (made by her Mother) in their home. Next 
several close ups of some of the fabric used and the quilting design. I tried to use a design that mimicked waves!






(Note: the block pattern is called "Storm at Sea" and I was thrilled to use Deb Tucker's "Diamond Rects" cutting tool. It made the cutting and trimming a cinch for perfect blocks!) Quilt size is 56" x 65". The pattern was called "High Tide" and I found it on Etsy.

I do have a bit of the main fabrics left over...hmmm, maybe a table runner...

No comments:

Post a Comment