Friday, February 4, 2022

40 Years a Quilter, Post 7

 I LOVE Patriotic Quilts, especially if they are Flag related. I literally just finished this quilt and put the label on it!

This quilt was made from Lisa Bongean's (Primitive Gatherings) American Quilter's Stitch-Along last year She gave the a free pattern each week. It was a fund raiser for "Hogs for Heroes" which is a group supporting Wisconsin Veterans. The fabric I used in this group was part of the way she raised funds. These were her designs and a portion of the sale of the fabric went to the group.  Here are a few of the blocks:


The blocks were not always easy, but I've always loved picky little piecing! It is a great throw quilt size or would be lovely as a large wall hanging or over a sofa. 

One of my longarm friends from our guild, Lin Miller of linsews.com quilted it for me. Yes, I have a longarm, but I do not have a computerized set up. I really wanted the quilting design "Mike's Swoosh" as the quilting design and it is best done with a computerized longarm! Here is a picture showing the quilting:


Mike's Swoosh reminds me of fireworks! Lin did a wonderful job with a medium to dark blue quilting thread! Glad to have this quilt finished to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment