Wednesday, February 2, 2022

40 Years A Quilter, Post 6

 Over the years I have truly enjoyed making "kid" quilts. I have made a variety of them for friends and family. My very favorite kid quilts to make have been the ones that I made for my own grandchildren. I had so much fun making this one for my first grandson! 


Sorry the photo is not the best, but it was taken quite a few years ago when he was born and I no longer have the quilt to take new photos! This quilt was inspired by a quilt in the book "Quilts, BABY!" by Linda Kopp. The basic monkey design is in the book, but I decided to make each monkey different to show all the different monkeys in my grandson's family! Here are some close-ups of the monkeys:











I had help with some of the faces while at a Guild Retreat. One of our guild members is a wonderful artist and she helped me with the ideas and brainstormed how to get the faces to convey the different feelings! 

Revisiting this quilt brings back great memories. That grandson just turned 9!! Well, time to get back to the current project. We are expecting a winter storm here for the next few days. Great time for quilting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment