Thursday, March 31, 2022

Blue Jay Quilt Studio: 40 Years a Quilter, Post 11

 Feeling like Spring! 


Thanks to Pat Sloan @quilterpatsloan, this little quilt came into existence! Pat did a mystery about 10 years ago called Meadow Breeze. She also had this gorgeous line of fabrics called "Arabella" to compliment this lovely design. The quilt Pat designed was much larger than this, but every so often I love doing little bitty quilts. I took her original pattern to the copy shop and reduced it by 50%. Here is a photo of Pat (on the left) with me when I showed it to her at a quilt show:

Good photo of Pat, but I think I was caught mid sentence! I was so excited to show it to her, that I don't think I quit talking for a minute to take a pic!! This little quilt is 18" square. Here are a few photos depicting size by coins placed on the quilt and one with a tape measure to give you an idea of the scale.


Notice the quarter on the penny on the center block above! All appliqué and quilting was done on my trusty Bernina machine. Those machines do the best buttonhole stitch. I bought Pat's Aurifil collection of matching threads to match the Arabella fabrics.


Here is one of the corners with a penny on it that really gives you a better idea of the small scale:

Here are the other three corners:



And one more with an up close look at the center block. I loved adding the beads to these little blocks to really dress them up!


Lastly, I put a label on the back of this little guy with the name of the mystery and asked Pat Sloan to autograph it since she was the designer! 



Thanks, Pat, for such a lovely mystery quilt and absolutely gorgeous fabrics! By the way, I still have enough of that fabric left to make a big quilt since I bought plenty and just used a tiny bit! Oh well, maybe on another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment