Friday, March 18, 2022

Blue Jay Quilt Studio: 40 Years a Quilter, Post 10

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

A few St. Patrick's Holiday little quilts for you!


This little quilt is a pattern from Bonnie Sullivan's All Through the Night pattern series called "Bertie's Year". I made all of them and just love the way they turned out. It is on a metal stand and I switch them out each month!


Above is another series little quilt from "Little Quilts Squared". This one is from their Calendar Series. When I made this one, my granddaughter was only about three and she loved playing with all my buttons. Like many quilters, I have scads of buttons that I have collected over the years and many handed down from my grandmother. My granddaughter picked out the buttons for the red flower centers on this little quilt. They add a little something extra to this flannel appliquéd little quilt! It is displayed and changed out monthly in our great room.

The last little quilt for this month is the March "Simple Circles Thru the Year" by Buttermilk Basin. It is wool appliquéd on a wool background circle. These little bitty round display projects are what made me fall in love with wool applique! I have done quite a bit since these little guys came into my studio each month! 

Well, since it is March and St. Patrick's Day, Spring cannot be far off! I am looking forward to Spring flowers! Enjoy the warmer weather right around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment