Friday, April 7, 2023

Blue Jay Quilt Studio: 40 Years a Quilter

 

Happy Easter and Spring! 

Spring has Sprung here in the Midwest. It has been rainy some days, sunny other days and darn right cold occasionally! It is my favorite part of living in the Midwest though. I adore the change of seasons. Spring is always especially lovely. I would like to share some of my favorite quilts and decorating accents of the season! First up is one of Bonnie Sullivan of All Through the Night Bertie series quilts. This is the Spring series:

"Bertie's Spring" made out of Woolies Flannels by Maywood Studios.

I love working with Woolies Flannels so much that I also made the next little display quilt out of them, too!

Bertie's April from "Bertie's Year" by Bonnie Sullivan

Another little quilt series that I have made for each month is Little Quilts Squared Calendar Series by The Wooden Bear. Below is the April offering:

Woolies Flannel by Maywood Studios is so easy to use for these little quilts!

Now, I'd like to switch to my new stitching love--WOOL! I adore working with wool which is mostly done by hand using a "blanket stitch" around the outside edge. If you have not appliquéd by hand before, this is the way to start. It is so easy and very quick. The wools are luscious, too. Adding a few buttons or embroideries brings them to life. Here is one of the small wool stitcheries by Buttermilk Basin. This is the April wool appliqué from "Simple Circles Thru the Year"!

These little circles are so cute! They are only 5" round and all wool.

My last photo shows my current foyer with my Easter Display! A few years ago, one of my friends told me I had a perfect entry for displays. I thought about it and decided it was a lovely way to show several little projects! The quilt on the chair was from my Grandma's house. While I am not sure she is the one that made it, I like to think she did. She was the first person I ever stitched anything with. I sat on her lap while she used her treadle machine and we made little Barbie clothes! The little egg planter on the table was hers. I love that little planter and always have it on display somewhere!

The Bunny pillow is wool on cotton and it is called "Jack's lunch" by Triple R Mercantile. The Tulip Pillow is hand appliquéd wool on cotton and called "Tulip Row" by Granny's Legacy Patterns.


HAPPY EASTER and HAPPY SPRING!




No comments:

Post a Comment